"There are years that ask questions and years that answer."
Zora Neale Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God
male cashier: you’re too pretty to be wearing all that eye makeup.
me: you’re too irrelevant to be commenting on my appearance.
...wait, so, you'd be okay with someone aborting at, say, eight and half months fetus? Because I'm super pro-choice, but at that point, you have to induce labor and then kill the (fully viable) baby.
The only time someone gets an abortion at 8.5 months is when their life or health is in danger or the fetus is no longer viable. Like, really. Pregnant people don’t get 90% of the way through a pregnancy and then say “Wait, nevermind, I’m not into it.” Stop putting so much weight into this non-issue or acting like it is at all relevant to the ACTUAL abortion debate and fight for AFAB people’s reproductive rights. Seriously.
- Kiss like you mean it.
- Remember their birthday, every year.
- Make them feel special, even on a monday night with a forecast of rain.
- Befriend their Mom, she will tell you stories that no one else can.
- Order each other food at restaurants, just to try something new.
- Shower together, you may learn to love your body, by seeing the desire and passion in your partners eyes.
- Leave notes when you go out for the day, it will make you feel safe.
- Watch the Breakfast Club, and pump up your fist in the end, even if it only happens once.
- Care for each other when sick, soup is the easiest thing to make.
- Make chocolate covered strawberries in summer simply because you can.
- Go fishing with their Dad, and listen to what he has to say, even if he may have trouble saying it.
- Give each other little presents, even if its just a rose on friday the 13th.
- Get angry, but forgive.
- Love, love with all you’ve got.
He’s cute. He’s tall.
He’s got gorgeous eyes.
And a stunning smile.
I didn’t say a name, but he
popped into your head,